Bared to You (Crossfire #1)
by Sylvia Day
Buy from Indigo
Description: Our journey began in fire... Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darknessbeautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...
Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.
The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart..
The Good Stuff
- Writing is far superior to that of 50 Shades of Grey (which this book is always compared to)
- Love the relationship between Eva and her best friend Cary - very supportive and honest
- Erotic and hot without all of the S&M stuff usually thrown in for Erotica
- Interesting character study - perfect for a book club discussion
- Eva is a strong character - she knows there is some serious unhealthy aspects to their relationship and talks about it with Gideon, Cary and her therapist
- Love, love, love that the couple go into therapy
- I can see the fascination for Gideon (see the not so good stuff section for more on this) Day's descriptions really makes him sound hot
- Did I mention how hot this book is - I was blushing on many occasions
- Fabulous use of dark humour
- Looking forward to reading the sequel now to see how things are going to work out for these two seriously damaged souls
- Brings up rape and the lasting damages & discusses it openly and honestly which I find to be very important
- Gideon - I am not completely in love with the guy - he is far too controlling for my tastes - don't get me wrong I like a masculine type of man - but hello any man that has you followed or tells you what you can or cannot do - I consider to be in serious need of therapy (Yes good thing about book is that this is addressed)
- Do both characters have to be beautiful and rich -- us plain poor girls deserve hot sex too ya know ; )
- ok and I was slightly irritated by the obsessive exercising in my opinion - but than again that could be why I am not as hot as Eva LOL! - off to the treadmill now
- Again I more a romantic type of girl so some of the sexual descriptions were a little too base for me -- but again not a bad thing -- just personal preference
"That sexy length was the crowing touch of bad-boy allure over the successful businessman, like whipped cream topping on a hot fudge brownie sundae. As my mother would say, only rogues and raiders had hair like that."
"I want there to be happily-ever-afters for the fucked-up crowd. Show me the way, Eva honey. Make me believe."
"New York was a brand-new love affair for me. I was starry-eyed and it showed."
Who Should/Shouldn't Read
- Good book club read - no really - the discussions about their relationship would be fascinating
- For those looking for something erotic but not all S&M
- Definitely for readers who thought 50 Shades of Grey was awesome -- this is so much better
I purchased a copy at Chapters Shawnessy as I am receiving the sequel for review