by L. Marie Adeline
Doubleday Canada (Random House)
Buy from Indigo
Description: In S.E.C.R.E.T there are No Judgments. No limits. No shame.
Cassie Robichauds life is filled with regret and loneliness after the sudden death of her husband. She waits tables at the rundown CafГ© Rose in New Orleans, and every night she heads home to her solitary one-bedroom apartment. But when she discovers a notebook left behind by a mysterious woman at the cafГ©, Cassies world is forever changed. The notebooks stunningly explicit confessions shock and fascinate Cassie, and eventually lead her to SECRET, an underground society dedicated to helping women realize their wildest, most intimate sexual fantasies. Cassie soon immerses herself in an electrifying journey through a series of ten rapturous fantasies with gorgeous men who awaken and satisfy her like never before. As she is set free from her inhibitions, she discovers a new confidence that transforms her, giving her the courage to live passionately. Equal parts enticing, liberating and emotionally powerful, SECRET is a world where fantasy becomes reality.
The Good Stuff
- Naughty without anything too kink. All about desire which makes it just a good steamy, sensual read
- Empowering, really liked the message about owning and embracing your sexuality
- Cassie is a likeable character whom many women will relate to & seriously I just wanted to give her a hug at the beginning
- Telling you now it will be a huge seller
- Nice twist - thought I knew what was going to happen and was pleasantly surprised
- Well written and fast paced
- Great character development for Cassie
- Nice injection of humour just when it was needed
- Um if this society really exists - um call me -- I got one involving Nathan Fillion that would really be nice for a good girl like me LOL!
- Some of the naughty bits could have been drawn out more
- I really don't want this to get put into the genre of Erotica, because it is so much more and the rating could keep people away from reading it
"After he died , I cried for all the pain he had been in and all the pain he caused, but I didn't miss him."
"Anyone with a set of eyes could have seen that a brown-colored aura had settled over me, like a dusting of defeat. It was time. Time to make a leap."
"Yes, the white rippled snow, which stretched to meet a sky so blue it hurt to look at it was utterly breathtaking. But I also marveled at how my world had changed with a simple "yes".
"He tasted like wine too, and chocolate. Every cell inside me came alive to his taste and touch, smell, and feel."
Who Should/Shouldn't Read
- Those who thought Fifty Shades of Grey sucked -- this will be more your thing - and trust me there are no mentions of a crack whore mom
- Just a good story of sexual awakening and taking charge
- Perfect book for a glass of wine and a bubble bath
I received this from Random House in exchange for an honest review - Jeff says thanks too LOL!