Perception (Clarity #2)
by Kim Harrington
Suggested Ages: 14-18 (Tasha says 11+ as nothing objectionable)
Buy From Indigo
Release Date: March 1, 2012
Description: When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you?
Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.
Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.
But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?
One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared
What I Learned:
- is that Kim Harrington writes really sweet, simple, awesome mystery/romance-y stories.
- is that I love how uncomplicated they are.
- is that they are a very enjoyable break from the emo/horrific/dystopian YA's that are popular today.
- is that despite having a touch of paranormal (Clare's family all have some sort of psychic power) it isn't a real paranormal.
- is that Clare is (again despite the psychic-ness) is a very real teenager. She has crushes on boys, she likes two of them actually!
- is that yes, it is a sequel to Clarity, but you could probably get away with not reading it (although my OCD nature screams at you to read them in order!!).
- is that it's hard to really write a review for this book - it's almost as though in it's simplicity, it is too simple and yet so much more. This is bare bones. There is no filler. I feel like every word is carefully chosen.
I received this from Scholastic in exchange for an honest review & made Tasha pinky swear to be honest -- trust me on this one she is brutally honest